Sider

søndag 4. desember 2011

Advent Calendars, an idea - and a winner :-)

Hi!

If you have followed the Nook Blog, where we are hosting a fab Advent Calendar, or mine, you might have noticed I show a new tag each day. Here is today's tag:


tag made with My ScrapbookNook December kit and ad ons


Actually, I'm making tags for my kids Advent Calender 2012! It feels great to be prepared for next Christmas already *lol*. I made calendars for my kids three years ago, but the drawers are so small, that it's hard to find items that fits. They get things they need in their calendars, like rulers and boxers, but even that kind of stuff doesn' fit. So I came up with the tag idea.

Tags are perfect because they are so versatile. You can attach them to items like paper bags and envelopes, or you can write messages on them: It could be that the gift of the day is something we'll do that day, not a toy! Tags are perfect because you can make them of scraps. I have a box full of Christmas related scrap supplies and I'm sure I could make more than one set of tags if I wanted to. Here is a few tips:

  • Make all the tags the same size for a uniform look. Mine are all 2 1/2" x 4".
  • Keep them simple. I have one basic design and to just some small changes for each tag. Reinventing the wheel every day will exhaust you
  • Don't make all 25 (or 24 for some of us) at once. You will get bored! Make like 5 at a time, take a break, and make another five another day.
So far I have made tags for the five first days of December, and I am going to sit down and make another five later today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Scrapbooknook Advent Calendar winner, December 1th

Thank you all for participating in our Advent calendar. The entry for December 1th is closed and I let Random. org pick a winner:

Drumroll, please:
...
...
...


The winner is: Steph Lee (Arty Carty)

Big Congrats. You can chose either the card kits as shown in the December 1th post, or I can scrap you photos. Please e-mail me your RL adress (have a look in the right hand bar for my e-mail adress) so I know where to ship kit or layout.
You have until midnight PST December 6th to claim your prize. If not claimed, I'll do a new drawing.

Ingen kommentarer: