Sider

søndag 24. juni 2012

Back in business!

I know I have been quiet lately and that this blog hasn't been updatet in close to two weeks. And I was a slacker even before that. But sometimes life happens and blogging isn't on top of my priority list. Do you have those periods too?

This spring has been so hectic: Hubby has worked a lot and let me stuck with the kids and running this place called home all by myself (at least it has felt like that). Then, during the Easter Break, my FIL -who lives with us - was involved in a really ugly car crash wich set him back a lot and I got even more on my hands. But we clung to the hope that June would bring easier days: hubby would have a new employee in is shop and FIL should have recovered. Both happened and there were happy days.

Then life hit again - bad. I know some of you already know, but two weeks ago I lost my only brother. It came so sudden, not expected at all, and this just sucked all the energy out of me. So I haven't created much for the last weeks, and therefor not blogged either.


But I wanted to go back to some routines quickly, so when I saw this great sketch, made by fellow DT member Nicole Nowosad for MyScrapbookNook's June Member Sketch challenge, I knew I wanted to play along.



 I picked up a photo I had laying on my desk, the June Kit and created this layout. The title is "So Close to Losing Him" and the journaling tells about what it was like getting a telehone call about his accident when we were stock on a ship just between Germany and Norway, doing a mini cruise.



Patterned papers: Simple Stories Fresh Summer


Please head over to the Nook Forum to see more of the DT examples for this challenge and to play with us! Do we see you there?

1 kommentar:

Patricia Roebuck sa...

Hilde, I just can't imagine. My heart goes out to you. I am so glad you were able to create. I hope it helps to process the loss. Let me know if you need anything.