Sider

torsdag 12. april 2012

Why I havent blogged lately...



Because I took my family to a mini cruise to Kiel (Germany) on the first days of Easter Break last week.




In the middle of the sea back home, we had the phone call you don't want while you're on vacation. My FIL, who lives with us, had been in a car accident and was in hospital.



He's one tough coockie, my FIL. He broke some ribs, needed a neck surgery to avoid paralyzes, but on Saturday he was up on his feet again and on Monday he came home.

He still needs a lot of help, though. I leave home early for work, but pops in to him before I go to see if he needs anything.

Mix this happening with crazy days at work, two kids who needs help with home work, a husband who needs to take a lot of the hours in the shop himself, a husband who probably has been worried sick about his father that he snores so bad at night that I needed to move to the coach in the living room (yeah for three hours sleep at night a few days in a row). Did anyone mention every chores like laundry, cooking, grocery shopping etc?

But I'm hanging in, and today hubby came home early, picked the kids up after schools and made me dinner. It felt like a day off!


FIL, 80 years old

So this is why I haven't blogged.
But things normalize and I feel the energy is coming back.

Give me two more easy days, and I will be like a Duracell Bunny!


So to celebrate my new energy, I have a little something for you!


3 kommentarer:

Alex sa...

Ohhhh :-( Blir så ledsen när jag läser detta. Usch... Livet kan verkligen vända 180 grader innan man ens hunnit blinka. Jag är dock glad att din svärfar har klarat sig så pass bra ändå. Bilen såg hemsk ut! Hang in there vännen!

Zarah sa...

Er kryssning verkar ha varit jättemysig, men huvaligen, vad hemskt med din svärfar! Vilken tur att han är en sån tuffing coh att han mår så (under omständigheterna) väl! KRAM!

Monique Liedtke sa...

Oh, I'm so sorry, I only see this now. I hope he's feeling better (I'm always afraid this will happen to my inlaws as well, who are also in their eighties and still driving a car). And poor you, with all the chores and no sleep! Hope you're feeling well too?! Hugs and hang in there!!!