Sider

søndag 31. oktober 2010

Happy Birthday, M!

I cannot believe my little boy is 11 years old already. I still can recall him beeing a baby and a toddler. But I admit I don't miss the early mornings, the diapers and the pram. Life with an eleven years old is so much easier.

M has had this long blond hear for a few years, and every time I have suggested a crew cut, he has been very determined about keeping his long hair. Until three weeks ago when he desided that enough was enough - he wanted short hair. So he had his hair cut.

Man, he was the talk of the week at school. His class mates were in complete shock and had spoken about this at home as if it was THE thing. Micheal Jackson returning would not have been talked about that much *lol*.

And I have spent a fortune on hair styling products so he can have the "right look".


So I give to you my first born, 11 years old on the 29th of October:




Did you notice the hanger? It's an altered trouser hanger from IKEA. Here is a close up (all materials from the MyScrapbooknook October Kit except hanger):




Oh, I almost forgot. I was cleaning up my scrap place the other day when I found a plastic bag from the hair dresser. I was to toss it away, but had a look in it, and what did I find? A sling from DS11's long hair. The hairdresser had given it to me as a keepsake, and I had forgotten all about it. I sometimes feel my brain has a non stick coating! And now I need to find some way to incorporate the sling to the finished layout above. Any suggestions?

5 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

congrats with you son lovely haircut and a cool look now.
byebye,Lean...ps your hangingwork is sweet to Hilde

Monique Liedtke sa...

Congrats to your son Hilde!! 11 years old, how time flies! and I love the look of his short blond head!! Great layout and fab idea to dress up an Ikea clothes hanger! and what to do with your son's hair...you could have hidden it behind his photo, but it's probably too late for that now?
Hugs,
Monique

Alison sa...

Love the new look! I spend a fortune on hair product for my son too - but it smells good ;) I like Monique's idea of tucking the hair behind the photo - can you do it? Your hanger is fab - clever idea!

pysselpetra sa...

snyggt altrat och grattis till gutten din!

Sandy Ang sa...

Such a great idea to alter a hanger to display LOs ! And what fantastic photography of your projects.

Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html