Sider

lørdag 14. januar 2012

My Scrap Room Is Done

I have had my own scrap room/work space for years. I swapped room with oldest son some years ago and really, the Thomas The tank Engine didn't bother me to much.

Slowly my space was invided by the rest of the family: DS9's creative stuff, hubby's old computer stuff etc etc. And this is what it looked like late this fall:


Mess, mess, mess...

I decided to kick everybody out and to renovate the room. The desks have been following us through a number of houses and moves over the past years, customized every time to fit the new room and they were really in a bad condition. I decided to keep the shelves, picked out the wall papers I wanted and moved all this mess out in our living room. Then I started tearing down the old wall papers.


Horrible, isn't it



I'm no fan of renovating - I hate the mess that follows. But I was happy when it was done.
I'm home officing in periodes and it's great to have a desk so big that there are room for both scrapping and having an extra computer in there. Right now I have an out of home office, and I'm happy all the space can be used for creative activities only.


Desks from IKEA

I just couldn't resist this wall paper

The old shelves didn't work out with the new colors and furniture, so I headed back to IKEA to by new, deeper ones. I deceided to put up doors on the shelves to make the room have a more uniform look.


I kept the black chair - it's my dog's favourite place

I admit it, I'm spoiled.

And the rest of the family? They have equaly sized rooms, even the hubby, so I don't feel much sorry for them...


Are you as spoiled as I am?

17 kommentarer:

angie ashuk sa...

I wish I was a spoiled as you lol. My room is 15feet by about 5 feet...nothing like yours. Looks great though.

Unknown sa...

yes your are a verry Spoiled woman..great space you have even the dog has his own chair..so cool!

Marinette-Scraptherapie sa...

I'm sooooo jealous! I want a scraproom!
Such a great space to scrap!!! Lucky Hilde♥

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) sa...

gorgeous make over!! enjoy your new look!

Anonym sa...

Your space is fantastic girl - I see I need to come over for another visit! :D

Sherri sa...

Hooray for Hilde's Place :) So happy for you my girl. You did a fab job on the makeover. Umm...who's the hottie hanging over the aquarium? lol

Zarah sa...

Looking FAB!!

Samantha sa...

Wonderful space Hilde! Enjoy it :)

pysselpetra sa...

You are spoilt - only the best for the best :)

Alison sa...

Nope not nearly as spoilt as you but your space is looking great - love your new wallpaper :)

Pam sa...

It looks SO good, I am a little bit jealous, lol!!! I love it. When am I coming over to scrap with you?!

Carol sa...

this looks so awesome Hilde!!! love that big desk, I'd probably spread my mess all the way down and just roll from spot to spot ;)

Irene sa...

wow, det ble sannelig et lekkert rom!!

Monique Liedtke sa...

Oh wow Hilde!! Love your room! Wish I had one like that!! (with a chair for Jippie as well :) ) Love the wall paper too ... and that huge desk! just perfect!!

Katarina sa...

underbart med renovering!Ditt rum ser jättefint ut!!
Själv önskar jag mig en helrenovering av mitt scraprum med enhetliga möbler och härliga kitchiga tapeter..
Hoppas kunna genomföra det under försommaren :)
//Katarina

Camilla Ekman sa...

Åååååhhh så fint du har det!!!! Nej, jag har inte lika mycket plats, men jag har större delen av ett litet kontor. Så jag får vara nöjd.

Sophia sa...

Your space is awesome...