Sider

torsdag 19. juli 2012

We have teamed up again - multiple ways :-)

Over the years as card maker and scrapper, I have learned to know lots of amazing people, all around the world. Some live far away, some pretty close, and it's always fun to meet these people IRL.

One of those I have know for years is the Swedish scrapper Petra (Pysselpetra in the scrapping world). She lives a five hours drive from my place, so we don't get the chance to see each other too often. She and her family stayed a night at the Scoobie Mansion in March, when they were heading for a ski resort in the Norwegian mountains, and last week we got to meet again: her family had rented a cabin just an hour from our house, on the Swedish coast. So I brought husband and kids, and off we went to see her and her family





And what do you do when you meet a fellow scrapper? You document it on photos! You don't want to miss the opportunity to make (another) layout, do you?

This time Petra and I chose to do a twist on creating layouts about our rendez-vous. We swapped photos, decided to use one or some of the same ones, create at the same time, and then do a twin blog post about it! A challenge just for the two of us.

Here is my take on the challenge:

Patterned papers and brads: MME, Mask: Crafter's workshop, Mist: StewardSuperior, Raw chipboard: Imaginarium Designs, Butterfly Stickers: Jenni Bowlin, Cardstock & twine: unknown


A close up of some details:




And here is a sneak peak of Petra's layout:



Now please head over to Petra's blog to see her layout and what she did with our photos! I'm sure she doesn't mind if you leave her som love :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got the idea for my layout when I was bloghopping at Scrapbook Kits With A Difference, where Petra is one of the DT members. Not did they only have a blog hop they had a fun recipe challenge as well.

Here are the required ingrediences (my check out in red):
  • 3 photos OK, counting: 1-2-3, 1 cardstock OK, grey in background, 2 patterned papers OK, the yellow I cut stripes from and the blue one I cut flowers & circles from, a wet medium (eg. paint, gesso, spray mist) OK, green mist, a mask (purchased or home-made) OK, a big one with flowers and butterflies, raw chipboard OK, in the middle, behind the photos, 5 buttons (or brads) OK, 5 brads, 3 rows of text OK, mine is hand written, but they didn't say I couldn't *lol*, twine (or string) OK, small bow on left side, and 2 butterflies OK, I guess the misted ones didn't count so I added to black ones too. Flowers, ribbons, and bling, are all optional (I chose not to use any of these).
I can't remember the last time I did a recipe challenge. Thank you SKWAD for providing us with this fun one!

9 kommentarer:

pysselpetra sa...

love your take on the challange Hilde ♥ and it was so nice seeing you again IRL

Anabelle O'Malley sa...

I love this page Hilde!!! Not only because it's gorgeous and has wonderful details, but because the photos of you and Petra are gorgeous!!!

Jules the Bling Princess sa...

Thank-you Hilde for taking the challenge! :-) I love this layout - not only is it gorgeous, but I get to see what you and Petra both look like in real-life. I've only ever seen head shots. Why do I get the feeling that Petra is quite tall? Hugs, Jules. x

Unknown sa...

Beautiful layout and wonderful take on the challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with the SKWAD blog hop!

Shellye McDaniel sa...

I love it! So happy to see you two lovely ladies together on one page!

Carol sa...

you two are so fun!!
love the layout and your title ;)

Pam sa...

You girls are so cute! How fun that you got to meet up again!

Love your page-the misting is perfect! Love that you both used similar colors too!

Eila Sandberg sa...

Ja det är verkligen dritt kul att träffa scrap-kompisar i verkliga livet även om det inte händer särskilt ofta. Självklart åker kameran fram, vill ju för allt i världen inte missa att föreviga det hela! Jisses vad du är bra på den här typen av utmaningar, blev så himla fint! Klem klem

Danielle sa...

Love that you two teamed up. Your layout is stunning, love the colors and the background flowers!