Sider

tirsdag 30. august 2011

Even more cards!

Here is how it goes: I either make NO cards at all - or I make TONS. Lately I have done lots. I needed boy cards for the kids to bring to birthdays, and I had two friends who hinted they reaaaaally could need some home made cards as a presents as they enjoy giving away pretty cards (aren't those the sweetest?). And as they often give cards to women, I had an excuse to make some feminin cards, too. Yay!

For the last months I have played with the card sketches at MyScrapbooknook. I found myself wanting to make more cards last week (hello, mr mojo!!!), so when Moxiefabworld had their Card Ideas Week last week, I played along.

So I give you both the sketches, the cards I made and a few designers notes along the way.


Shaped sketch challenge:




I thought it was a great idea to crochet around the edge. I'm telling you: I will never do it again. Crotching around a cardstock is completey different than crocheting a jacket! It took me hours! I would have been half way down the jacket in the same amount of time. Obviously, this card is going to somebody who knows how to crochet and how much time it takes!







For some reason, lots of Norwegian (and Scandinavian) card makers makes they cards square. May be because we are so lazy so making 6*6" card saves you from some cutting when baking the base card from 12*12 cardstock? I pulled out the MyScrapbookNook Agust kit for this card - it's perfect for making boy's card (ha, ha, it's already gone - it went out the door the minute I made it)








So I had made the square card above, and was so into square cards, that I didn't even notice the provided sketch was for a horizonal card *lol*. OK, a sketch is just a help to get you started, right? - And you are completely free to take you own twist to it, right? I thought so *lol*. And finilly got some fuzzy hand cutting done (did you know I love it?) - the paper dolls were NOT die cuts.



Once again I pulled out the My Scrapbooknook August kit to make a boy card. So when DS8 (9 in eight weeks) is going to the next birthday, the card is ready to go. Handy, right?





Take you for taking your time to read the whole post!
And thank you MoxieFabWorld for giving me an excuse to work on my card skills!

9 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

I had never imagined that crocheting around paper was so long. That's a technique I long to try, I'll do and give you my impressions ! Your cards are just perfect, I love them all !

Lin sa...

It WAS a GREAT idea to crochet around the edge - love your design! Love that sweet paper doll card, also! Good luck on the challenges!

Kristii sa...

Absolutely fabulous work!! I love them all!

Annette Allen sa...

wow great job...love your take on the sketches...

Sarah sa...

Such wonderful cards! I love, love, love the paper doll. It's so sweet!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor sa...

Hey Hilde! Thanks for linking this up to the Shaped Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor sa...

Hey Hilde! Thanks also for linking this up to the Square Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor sa...

Hey again, Hilde! Thanks also for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor sa...

Hey once again, Hilde! Thanks also for linking this up to the Vertical Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)