Sider

mandag 8. august 2011

I have a sketch for you!

I am a sketch junkie - I love the way a sketch can bring me ideas and get my mojo flowing. If'm stuck and don't know how to start a layout, I look for sketches and will always find something.to start me.

When I satrted scrapping five years ago, I sometimes found it difficult to use sketches, as I had the feeling I needed to follow the skethch to the very end: If there was a flower on the sketch, I used flower. I would place the photos as they were placed, and the title would be in the same spot as on the sketch. But over the years I have learned to care less and trasmit sketches to fit my style.

While I was waiting for MyScrapbooknook August kit to arrive, I drew this sketch:




When the kit arrived there were no small items to fit the flowers on the sketch, but I found a few other objects that would fit the sketch perfectly. I have a class on how to do it, and about my thinking process, over at the Nook Forum, you are welcome to have a look.





If you like my sketch, feel free to use it. If you use it, please give me a link to your blog or gallery so I can leave you some love. Or even better: upload to the Nook Gallery for even more praise and love :-)


Thank you for stopping by, and have a great week!

2 kommentarer:

Elisabeth Helland sa...

har kikket litt på denne skissen før, og jeg liker den......virkelig, og enda mer liker jeg den når jeg ser du har laget en såååå lekker LO til den......virkelig inspirerende

Unknown sa...

I can't wait to get my kit ! It's a lovely page !